[mythtv-users] Re:Coolest case out there for HTPC ?

Vinton Coffman vintonc at redzone.com
Wed Aug 20 00:42:36 EDT 2003

I just got the CoolerMaster ATC-610-GX1.  This case is great.  The two
doors on the front have hydraulic assist so you press on them to
unlatch them and they open nice and slow.  The top door has two 5.25"
bays. The right one doesn't come with a panel.  You can leave it empty
with the door closed and the case looks fine.  I'm may put a black
pioneer slot loading dvd in there.  The bottom door reveals one 3.5 and
2 USB and one Firewire connectors.  The doors are carved out too, so it
looks like there is room for a fan controller with knobs.  I'm thinking
of adding a digitalDoc5+.  It has blue back lighting which matches the
power led of the case and my PS2.  The case takes standard ATX power
supplies(not included with the case) so I used an EnerMax
EG365P-VE(FMA).  It has an manually adjustable rear exhaust fan and
automatically adjustable internal fan.  Its not all that noisy but I'm
planning on water cooling the Barton 2500 and NB to try and quite
things down a little.  The mobo is a Shuttle MN31N and has a 40 mm fan
on the NB.  Not real noisy but could be quieter.  The 610 has large
intake vents on both sides near the front, but the exhaust is only tall
enough for a 60 mm fan included with case.  It is wide enough for a 120
mm x 60 mm radiator though.

The front of the case is anodized black but the rest of the case is
painted gloss black with a slight metal flake (very slight).  Its
available in silver to match some of the all-in-one systems.  The price
has dropped about $60 in the past two months, now $127 at newegg.com

I looked at the shuttle style cases but I didn't it fit in with the
rest of my audio components.  The D.Vine is nice to but even more
expensive and uses a odd power supply.  I used a tower case until I got
all of the issues with my motherboard worked out.  LSS, nForce2 chip
set, use 2.4.22-rc2 without any of the power management included.  It
looked just like a computer sitting by my wall unit, not what I had in
mind.

Question and/or comments welcome.