[mythtv-users] Fast CPU, DMA enabled on HD, Xv enabled, still getting pauses in Live TV

Vince Busam vince at busam.com
Tue Aug 19 19:39:12 EDT 2003

Not sure this will help but...

I have a Athlon 1800+ and get good recording on most of my channels (using an
old fashion antenna).  On channel 2 and sometimes 4 and 5 the recording
stutters.  When this happens there is sometimes no sound.  While these channels
are fine on my regular TV, they look weak when played through my tuner card.

My guess is that the weak signal is causing the video capture card's tuner
problems.  Don't know if this is a good guess but, if I'm right, maybe this
could be your problem too - either a weak signal or bad tuner card.  I have two
tuner cards (PVR 250 and AverTV) and am still getting the system up and working,
so I'm not sure which card (or both) are giving me problems.

I think my weak signal problem is that I'm splitting the signal into seven
outputs without any amplification and I'm in a fringe area to start with.  But I
do have a big antenna.

Vince