[mythtv-users] RE: Commerical Skip problem

Ben Levitt levittben at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 11:44:26 EDT 2003

I have that same problem, minus the slow motion part.
When I try to skip commercials during Live TV, it gets
stuck and doesn't respond to any keypresses... Then it
seems to time-out after 10 or 20 seconds, and then
picks back up where it left off.  If I pressed any
keys while it was frozen, they all take effect when it
times out.  Hopefully I didn't hit q or z again.  :P

It seems that before pausing the stream, it should
figure out if it knows where to jump to, and if it
doesn't know of any commercial cutpoints to jump to,
then it shouldn't even stop the stream.  It should
just  keep going, and display "Couldn't skip" in the
OSD or something.

Ben

Message: 32