[mythtv-users] PVR 250 Install Procedure?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 19 13:31:55 EDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org]On Behalf Of
>Shannon Carver
>Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 11:50 AM
>To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>Subject: RE: [mythtv-users] PVR 250 Install Procedure?
>

>In that case I could use a Win TV dbx model 401?
>It has a remote option.
>Does this support btaudio?
>
>How would I use this remote option to change my digital cable box channels
from myth?

>Would this work?

Both the PVR-250 & WinTV dbx 401 have built-in IR receivers.  However, if
you want to change channels on your digital cable box, you need an IR
_transmitter_.  No tuner card that I know of comes with one; you'll have to
build it or buy it.  Alternately, depending on the model of your digital
cable box, you could control it with a serial cable.

As far as btaudio goes, older revisions of the WinTV 401 supported btaudio
(I have one; works great).  The newer versions use a different chipset, and
don't even have stable Linux drivers yet, let alone btaudio.  Unfortunately,
no one seems to have come up with a way to tell the difference unless you
can physically look at the chips on the board before you buy it.

-JAC