[mythtv-users] Mythtv lockup problem when changing channells

ray cielencki mythtv at rayslinky.com
Mon Aug 18 23:18:46 EDT 2003

do you get any errors when this happens if you start mythfrontend
from a terminal window? occasionally i see this issue and it usually
says something like error reading from /dev/video0. when this
happens, i unload/reload the ivtv mod.

(as root)
# /sbin/rmmod ivtv
# /sbin/modprobe ivtv

  backend errors are reported in /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log (if
you're starting it as a service).

hth,
ray