[mythtv-users] My MythTV experience

James S. White james at jameswhite.org
Mon Aug 18 10:56:28 EDT 2003

> The colors on the TV are much darker, black objects blend into the background.
> Peoples faces are redish/orange. Very white background shows 'interlace'
> looking stripes. Video where flash bulbs go off is poor.

Just out of curiosity, how much adjusting have you attempted with test_ioctl?
As in:
# brightness [0 - 255]
test_ioctl -y brightness=128
# hue [-128 - 127]
test_ioctl -y hue=-5
# saturation [0 - 127]
test_ioctl -y saturation=64
# contrast [0 - 127]
test_ioctl -y contrast=64

James S. White                      GAPS Incorporated
james at jameswhite.org                Electrical Engineer - Etc.
http://www.jameswhite.org           Caffeine is my anti-drug.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
                                                               -Jack Handy