[mythtv-users] transcoding weirdness

Ben Levitt levittben at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 17 19:44:11 EDT 2003

When I transcode from mpeg2 (hardware encoded) to
mpeg4, when I watch the mpeg4 files in mythtv, they
look and sound great, but I can no longer skip
backwaqrds or forwards through them.  As soon as I try
to skip forwards or backwards, the screen freezes and
never resumes playback.  I have to hit escape and then
enter to start the file over and then remember not to
skip forwards or back.

I set up automatic transcoding using the handy
checkbox in the setup app.  I have a pvr-250 and I
record at about 3Gigs per hour.  I setup my transcode
recording profile to use mpeg4 with the default
settings plus high quality encoding turned on.  I also
tried without high quality.  I can still play (and
skip through) my old mpeg4 files that I recorded with
my old bttv card before switching to the 250.

Any idea what's up?

thanks much!