[mythtv-users] Transcoding from 250 source files

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Sun Aug 17 23:05:28 EDT 2003

Hello All,

I just tried the transcoder for the first time tonight, attempting to
transcode from a PVR 250 MPEG2 source movie, down to MPEG4.  While the
video transcoded fine (although the quality was borderline, I assume
adjusting the settings will adjust that) the movie lost all its audio in
the process.  There was simply no sound.

Would someone transcoding from PVR 250 source files to MPEG4 for RTJPEG
mind sharing their settings?  I'd love to be able to transcode movies
recorded from TV and transfer them to MythVideo for future enjoyment.  It
would be great actually, if there was an option to Transcode and
transfer...  If only I could write a patch... :)

-Jeff