[mythtv-users] myth 0.11 transcode bug? (first time using transcode)

Greg geflatt at hfx.eastlink.ca
Sun Aug 17 16:25:50 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 12:00, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Saturday 16 August 2003 10:19 am, Greg wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 23:34, Greg wrote:
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > So I just installed mythtv 0.11 and thought I'd try the transcoder to
> > > cut some commericals. The commericals cut out fine, but the video and
> > > audio speed up (guessing at 30-40% faster). Voices sound high pitched
> > > due to the increased speed of the playback... Anyone else try this yet
> > > with 0.11? I am going to try some other files to see if I encounter the
> > > same problem...
> >
> > I think I may know what the problem was. The recording I was trancoding
> > was captured at 640x480 32,000 sample rate mpeg4. My trancode profile
> > was set to 480x480 48,000 sample rate mpeg4. When I dropped the sample
> > rate in the transcode profile the video and audio where fine. I also
> > have some recordings using the 48,000 sample rate that I plan to try
> > transcoding.
>
> Yup -- it doen't resample the audio at all.
>
> Isaac

hmm, if the audio is not resampled I wonder what is causing the
video/audio playback to be speed up after transcoding a recording?

On the transcoded recording that seem to work fine I noticed that the
video was speeding up around the point where I made the cut. This would
last about a second, but was noticeable... I wasn't cutting on keyframes
and was thinking maybe there is some trouble with the part that got
re-encoded. I believe that there is some re-encoding when cuts are made
on non key frames correct?

Greg