[mythtv-users] Redhat 9, Mythgame (0.10 and 0.11) and MAME

Joe V joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 17 12:09:53 EDT 2003

Steve,

I doubt that this helps much, but I was using MythTV
0.10 and Mythgame without a problem on RedHat 9 (I
just upgraded to 0.11 and haven't tried it yet).

I only have about six ROMs though at this time.  The
Xmame binary that I built was named xmame.x11, maybe
becauase in the Makefile I specified JOY_TYPE = i386
(because I use the Linux joystick driver with my
Sidewinder for fighting games).

I'm wondering, do you have the catver.ini file
present?  If so, perhaps there's something in that
that's causing a problem.  Try removing it.

You can use ZIPped ROMs, are you sure that you have
plenty of hard drive space before scanning for games?
Maybe it's sloppy and doesn't clean up the
uncompressed files until the end?

Not sure what else to suggest, since it was working
for me (with and without catver.ini).

-- Joe

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=70442;search_string=ASSERT;guest=1024566&t=search_engine#70442

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=60272;search_string=ASSERT;guest=1024566&t=search_engine#60272