[mythtv-users] Geforce 2 MX 400 help

Keith Lewis keith at wcc.net
Sun Aug 17 12:43:42 EDT 2003

I'm trying to get the TV-out working on my RH9 setup.  I
have an Elsa Gladiac 511 (Geforce 2 MX 400 64mb w/TV-out).
 I've followed the How-To on Jarod Wilson's site.  The
text for linux booting shows up fine, but when X starts,
it goes out of sync.  Here's my XF86Config:

# XFree86 4 configuration created by redhat-config-xfree86

Section "ServerLayout"
         Identifier     "Default Layout"
         Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
         InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
         InputDevice    "DevInputMice" "AlwaysCore"
EndSection

Section "Files"

         RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
         FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
         Load  "dbe"
         Load  "extmod"
         Load  "fbdevhw"
         Load  "glx"
         Load  "record"
         Load  "freetype"
         Load  "type1"
         Load  "v4l"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Keyboard0"
         Driver      "keyboard"
         Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
         Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
         Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Mouse0"
         Driver      "mouse"
         Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
         Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
         Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let
you
# also use USB mice at the same time.
         Identifier  "DevInputMice"
         Driver      "mouse"
         Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
         Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
         Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"

         #Option     "dpms"
         Identifier   "Monitor0"
         VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
         ModelName    "Generic Extended Super VGA, 800x600
@ 60 Hz, 640x480 @ 72 Hz"
         HorizSync    31.5 - 37.9
         VertRefresh  50.0 - 70.0
EndSection

Section "Device"

         # TV-Out Setup
         Identifier  "Videocard0"
         Driver      "nvidia"
         VendorName  "Elsa"
         BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 400"
         Option      "TwinView" "True"
         Option      "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
         Option      "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "30-50"
         Option      "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "60"
         Option      "MetaModes" "1024x768, 1024x768;
800x600, 800x600; 640x480, 640x480;"
         Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
         Option      "TVOutFormat" "S-VIDEO"
         Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT, TV"
         Option      "NoLogo" ""
EndSection

Section "Screen"
         Identifier "Screen0"
         Device     "Videocard0"
         Monitor    "Monitor0"
         DefaultDepth     16
         SubSection "Display"
                 Depth     16
                 Modes    "640x480"
         EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "DRI"
         Group        0
         Mode         0666
EndSection

I've tried pretty much everything that I can find (save
going out and buying a new vid card or a scan converter)
to get this working.  Any and all help would be greatly
appreciated.

Keith