[mythtv-users] Re: modules.conf for ivtv + bttv

Bill Powers wepprop at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 16 11:38:12 EDT 2003

Thanks, Gary

I have worked with your modules.conf, but no luck so far.  The difference,
apparently, is that you are fortunate enough to have two type 2, Philips
compatible tuners.  The tuner on my ivtv card is a type 2 tuner, but the
bttv card has an early Temetic type 6 tuner.  Selecting either tuner type
will allow one of the two cards to work, but all attempts to specify
multiple tuner types (eg., options tuner type=2,6) result in an error (tuner
type already set).  Attempting to manually load the tuner module with insmod
tuner type=2,6 results in "too many values for type (max 1)".

Does anyone have a suggestion for getting two dissimilar tuner types
working?

Bill

>>>Bill Powers wrote:
>>>

>>>Would someone be kind enough to post a working modules.conf file for a
>>>setup with one ivtv card and one bttv card?  I must confess I haven't
>>>

>>Hi Bill.
>>
>>Check the archives - posted one a week or so ago.
>>
>>./gary
>>

>Thanks gary,
>
>I had already tumbled onto your previous post - it was number one with a
>bullet for every variation of every search I ran here or on Google.
>Unfortunately, although I found where you offered to post your config, I
was
>unable to find where you actually did.  If you would be kind enough to
>(re)post it now, or email it to me, I would be most grateful.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Bill

Here it is

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/magic_btaudio_incantation_%3B-)_P73630/

Hi.

The magic in using a live and btaudio is probing your mixer first so as
to let it grab dev/dsp0 first. I'm using alsa and rh9 - pvr 250 and a
tvwonder. Nforce 2 mb. Using the live for the digital out so as to go
upstairs to the entertainment system with the picture and remote.

Here is mine (messy but hey - need to wash my car too.)

[root at linuxbox root]# cat /etc/modules.conf

alias char-major-188 off

pre-install btaudio modprobe snd-pcm-oss

alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c

#__
alias char-major-81 videodev
#__________________________________________
# TV wonder

alias char-major-81-0 btttv
options bttv card=63 radio=0 pll=1
options tuner type=2 debug=0
options bttv debug=2
options btaudio debug=2 digital=1 analog=0 rate=32000

#_______________________________________________
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
options ivtv debug=1
options tuner type=2
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
options ivtv mpg_buffers=60
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner lirc_dev lirc_i2c

#_______________________________________________
alias usb-controller usb-ohci
alias usb-controller1 ehci-hcd
alias eth0 nvnet

#_______________________________________________

alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
#alias snd-card-0 snd-card-emu10k1 #same here

#
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
#________________________________
alias sound-slot-2 btaudio
alias sound-service-1-0 btaudio
alias sound-slot-2 btaudio
alias sound-service-2-0 btaudio
#________________________________

options snd-card-emu10k1 snd_index=0 snd_id=SBLive

#________________________

post-install btaudio modprobe bttv

post-install emu10k1 /sbin/modprobe btaudio
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
 >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S
 >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
alias char-major-195 nvidia

Hope this helps. Forget where I got this from but it made all the
difference. Also change your setting in mythtvsetup ( to /dev/dsp1) for
your tuner.

./gary