[mythtv-users] Terrible LiveTV performance

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Aug 14 15:52:15 EDT 2003

On Thursday 14 August 2003 02:39 pm, Curtis Stanford wrote:
> I'm using an EPIA M10000 Nehemiah board with on-board audio. I'm already
> using ALSA and it had worked for many weeks. Somethings changed to break
> this thing lately.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions.

Even weirder, since I'm using the same hardware for one of my machines.  (The
production in-use machine, in fact).

Here's a couple things to try in NuppelVideoPlayer:

 line 305, after the   videoOutput = new VideoOutputXv();
add   decoder->setLowBuffers();  like in the USING_XVMC clause.

Might want to try disabling the OSD completely as well (comment out both calls
to osd->Display() in NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp.

That'd be without experimental a/v sync turned off, since it doesn't work at
all on that machine =)  I've found that the jitter reduction code doesn't
really work that well either on the m10000.

Isaac