[mythtv-users] bttv driver

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 14 14:10:28 EDT 2003

xawtv grabdisplay mode uses the Xv extensions for output; Myth also uses the
Xv extensions.  If xawtv grabdisplay mode doesn't work, then you either have
a video card (or driver) that doesn't support Xv, or you've mis-configured
your X setup.  Either way, Myth won't be really happy until you get Xv
support working.  Try the command 'xvinfo' in a terminal and see what it
gives you.

-JAC