[mythtv-users] Terrible LiveTV performance

Curtis Stanford curtis at stanfordcomputing.com
Thu Aug 14 11:20:43 EDT 2003

Just to follow up on my own post, I really think this is a mythtv problem. I
started up the frontend and was watching the console messages. I went Live TV
and got the normal stuff:

connecting to backend server: 10.0.0.5:6543
Input #0, mpeg, from 'rbuf://10.0.0.5:6543/media/video/ringbuf1.nuv':
  Stream #0.0: Video: mpegvideo, 480x480, 29.97 fps, 6000 kb/s
  Stream #0.1: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 384 kb/s
Opening OSS audio device '/dev/dsp'.
Over/underscanning. V: 0.050000, H: 0.020000, XOff: 0, YOff: 0
Using XV port 56
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV

Then, I hit channel up and all hell breaks loose:

rebuffering (243713 256000)
Delaying to next trigger: 206784
Delaying to next trigger: 227785
Delaying to next trigger: 239087
Delaying to next trigger: 245684
Delaying to next trigger: 257767
Delaying to next trigger: 269170
Delaying to next trigger: 283405
Delaying to next trigger: 294443
Delaying to next trigger: 305797
Delaying to next trigger: 299890
Delaying to next trigger: 324516
Delaying to next trigger: 339098
Delaying to next trigger: 346693
Delaying to next trigger: 361066
Delaying to next trigger: 369218
Delaying to next trigger: 383587
Delaying to next trigger: 391067
Delaying to next trigger: 402502
Delaying to next trigger: 413431
Delaying to next trigger: 427829
Delaying to next trigger: 439188
Delaying to next trigger: 450028
Delaying to next trigger: 461107
Delaying to next trigger: 445005
Delaying to next trigger: 480445
Delaying to next trigger: 491434
Delaying to next trigger: 502865
Delaying to next trigger: 517163
Delaying to next trigger: 526256
Delaying to next trigger: 539480
Delaying to next trigger: 547129
Delaying to next trigger: 558103
Delaying to next trigger: 569560
Delaying to next trigger: 583824
Delaying to next trigger: 591424
Delaying to next trigger: 606081
Delaying to next trigger: 617081
Delaying to next trigger: 628163
Delaying to next trigger: 621044
Delaying to next trigger: 647026
Delaying to next trigger: 658193
Delaying to next trigger: 669517
Delaying to next trigger: 683809
Delaying to next trigger: 694736
Delaying to next trigger: 702767
Delaying to next trigger: 715114
Delaying to next trigger: 724821
Delaying to next trigger: 739617
Delaying to next trigger: 750411
Delaying to next trigger: 761486
Delaying to next trigger: 770746
Delaying to next trigger: 783702
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Delaying to next trigger: 772746
Delaying to next trigger: 787773
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!

and so on, indefinitely...

Just another clue.

By the way, occasionally, the channel change does work correctly but not very
often.