[mythtv-users] Direct TV Usage?

Obrien, Haskell W. obrienh at more.net
Thu Aug 14 10:19:28 EDT 2003

I use a 5th gen reciever with my ati tv wonder
Right now I'm using the composite, but I could use the s-video in, which I should.
I wrote a bit of a howto on setting up the serial control.

http://www.starfighter.org/mythtv/

hopefully it helps.
There are some sattelite cards for PCs, but I've never touched them.  I think they're more of a european thing.
It's not hard to use a separate reciever with myth tv, and overall it's cheaper.  DVB cards were $300+ last time I looked. (It's been a while.)

Will