[mythtv-users] Problems using Mythvideo with TV out...

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Thu Aug 14 15:58:32 EDT 2003

I do know that mplayer spews out a huge bunch of info when playing file.
Particularly buffering messages like %0.00 which continually get
overwritten to provide a "realtime" update. Depending on where this data
goes, you can expect mplayer to take a while to get going since all that
data gets buffered somewhere blocking mplayer - I think.

Normally my mythfrontend dumps to a file to catch any possible
strangness. If I run mythfrontend from a telnet command prompt, running
mplayer via mythvideo takes much much longer to get going.

If mythfrontend and thus mplayer dump to /dev/null. It starts much much
quicker and doesn't generate massive logs either.

My 2c

CH