[mythtv-users] Problems using Mythvideo with TV out...

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Tue Aug 12 14:10:41 EDT 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:40:41 -0700 (PDT)
Guy Bayes <guy_jobs at yahoo.com> wrote:

GB> you aren't running mythfrontend as a background
GB> process are you?

GB> mythfrontend &

GB> It will hang only on mythvideo if yo do that,
GB> everything else works fine.

No, I wasn't.  I did find a workaround/fix.

My original xinitrc, at least the part that fires up the frontend, was:

xset -dpms s off
irxevent &
fvwm2 &
exec mythfrontend

I have changed it to:

xset -dpms s off
irxevent &
fvwm2 &
exec xterm -e mythfrontend

Since I was able to have it all work correctly when I started everything
from a xterm, I tried it.  Dropped in a divx file I have on a CD, hit
play, and Bob's yer uncle.

For some reason, mplayer would not start up unless some time of tty was
involved in the launching.  It's happy now.

Now, off to get the autologin part working, figure out why the program
guide keeps bouncing up and down the channel list as I scroll through the
time slots, get the ntpd to update the system clock, and figure out why
irxevent is reading multiple key presses when using the remote (seems to
by hyper sensitive for some reason).

Justin