[mythtv-users] Crash on playing transcoded recording - headerdamaged

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Mon Aug 11 20:18:08 EDT 2003

At 01:19 PM 8/11/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>> Is the problem that the video is in AVI format, rather than NUV?   Since
>> it's able to determine the video and audio formats, I wouldn't think that
>> is the case.
>
>Yup.  The decoder really doesn't work for much besides .mpg video.  Should
be
>pretty easy to fix up for other formats, but I haven't seen the need to do
>that yet.

OK, then my best bet at this point would be to use MythVideo to play the
shows then?   I guess my reasoning for wanting to replace the original NUV
file with the transcoded one was to simplify the interface to watching my
shows.   Rather than having to remember if I transcoded a show or not, it
would be pretty transparent to the user.   One interface to the shows; some
of them are "live" recordings, while others have been transcoded to save
space.

Would be nice if MythTV could handle this.   Especially if it's a "pretty
easy" fix.

thanks.
-WD