[mythtv-users] ivtv install problems

Paul Doe mythtv03 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 11 12:55:29 EDT 2003

Im following the guide over at the PVR database and im running into a slight
problem.  im up to installing ivtv and im following this step...

Install the ivtv driver:

# apt-get install ivtv ivtv-kmdl-`uname -r`
(Note: those are back-ticks, not single quotes)

Now, edit /etc/modules.conf to add ivtv-specific configuration info, making
sure to place it at the top:

----Insert the following text at the top /etc/modules.conf----
# For ivtv
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/drivers/media/video
# For bttv and saa7134
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/v4l2
# default path
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv debug=1
options tuner type=2
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
----Cut above here (don't include this line)----

I figured out that i have to put the name of the latest driver in the uname
space.  so i did that and it downloaded and installed fine from apt.  now im
stuck on this modules.conf file.  i dont know what i need to put into the 3
areas that have uname in them.  its trying to -r something but i dont know
what!  what do i put in here?  I try and run the checks and i get tons of
errors probably cause i dont have the right things in the modules.conf.
also will ivtv work with a PCI Pinnacle tv card?  I am just getting a black
screen when i hit watch live tv.  Is there a tv driver that works with my
card?

thanks