[mythtv-users] Re: guide support for two providers

Stefan Frank sfr+lists at 6913304088794.gnuu.de
Mon Aug 11 09:34:26 EDT 2003

Hi John!

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003, John Astorino wrote:

> I have been reading through the MythTV documentation and posts.  I
> notice that it is possible to have two capture cards for PIP or record
> one channel while watching another.
>
> Is it possible to connect two service providers (i.e. DTV and DISH) and
> have the guide display info from both providers (like ReplayTV does)?

If you have both providers program data available as xmltv files, this
shouldn't be a problem. Be carefull if you receive the same channels from
both providers.

> And if so, can an IR blaster control both devices and change the correct
> channel selected in the guide?

I'm not using an external channel changer script, but i think you'd need
2 IR controls in order not to confuse one device with commands intended
for the other.

HTH, Stefan