[mythtv-users] commercial skip/flagging - how well does it work for you?

Dane Kantner webmaster at dddane.com
Sun Aug 10 23:26:24 EDT 2003

I was playing around with the commercial flagging settings, and began to
wonder what others' experience of it is...  Until tonight, I had it enabled
to flag them, but not auto skip... I turned on auto skip to be experimental
and see how well it works.

Anyway, my flagging seems to work perfect on almost every show, except for
Cops?  Sometimes it will not flag coming back from the commercial, and
therefore it will skip the commercials, the show after, and resume at the
commercials.  The title graphic (where its all black and just has the "COPS"
must be mixed with a black frames or something?)  ...  Is there a way to
tweak the settings (and/or disable skipping) on a per-show basis, or is this
planned? (or has anyone written any patches for something similiar?)...  I
have this happen once or twice (happened on Hey Monie tonight), but not
frequently enough on other shows to be of concern.  Is there a setting I
should look into?

-Dane