[mythtv-users] PVR-250 audio occasionally drops out (to mono?)

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Sat Aug 9 17:11:23 EDT 2003

I posted this to the ivtv mailing list, but didn't get much help.  Since
there are quite a few pvr-250 users here, I figured I'd ask here too....

I'm running a PVR-250 with a CVS version of the ivtv
driver.

When I'm watching TV, I'll notice that there will
sometimes be a glitch in the audio for perhaps a
second or so and then go back to normal.   There will
be an instant where there is no sound and then it
sounds like it's switching to mono sound, and then it
goes normal again.

Has anybody else experienced this?   I have to
troubleshoot this a little further, but it appears to
occur more frequently with some channels as opposed to
others.   (Though my TV reception is just fine in all
of them).    And it is a recording issue, as opposed
to playback.   If I rewind the TV (MythTV) and play
back the same section, the audio glitch will be in the
exact same spot.

-WD