[mythtv-users] Where can I find info about using DVB with MythTV

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Sat Aug 9 21:46:18 EDT 2003

> I saw that link already, but thanks.
> I am debating the merits of getting a hardware decoder... the drawback for
> me is that the hauppage (all technotrend based cards for that matter)
> require the seperate card for CI, I'd have to stuff it in the floppy bay
in
> a wierd way around the CF slots (I'm using an MSI Mega 651)

Myth does not currently have any support for hardware decoding, and I think
it is unlikely that you will be seeing support added imminently.

If this is important to you, and with the right card it also means RGB
output (nice), then have a look at the VDR project.

With a P4 1.8 though you are not going to have ANY problems decoding (until
you get up to HDTV resolutions), so sounds like you can go with one of the
"budget" cards

Ed W