[mythtv-users] OSD problems, RH9, binary RPM install

Chad Myers cmyers at austin.rr.com
Sat Aug 9 04:34:00 EDT 2003

Hello all, I'm new to the list, so please go easy on me.

I just installed Myth (very nice, excellent job all) on my
RH Linux 9 PC and I used the RPM/binary install from Atrpms.

I'm having the OSD problem mentioned in the docs with RH8,
but since I didn't compile, I don't know how to change the
makefile and I would rather not recompile since I couldn't
get it to work in the first place (which is why I used the
RPMs).

I do have the source, and I don't even see a Makefile
in the themes directory in the first place, so I'm not sure
how I'm supposed to modify it to comment the "strip" lines
as mentioned in the docs.

Anyone have any advice on how to fix this? Can I edit
the XML somehow? I'm not above manually swathing through
a file to fix this.

Thanks!
-Chad