[mythtv-users] MythTV system I want to build

William Lindner blazing-dragon at charter.net
Fri Aug 8 23:58:08 EDT 2003

well, I've been messing with MythTV a whole lot, in fact I've been taking my spare time this summer to become experienced with Linux, and it's been great, now I am very interrested in making a dedicated Linux box for MythTV.  I just don't exactly know how the specs will work out and I don't think I wanna just buy it and then not have it be good enough to really use...  so here are the specs:

1GHz AMD Athlon processor
512 MB DDR 333 RAM
ATI TV Wonder VE tv tuner
Western Digital 160Gig Hard Drive
ECS K7VTA3 V3.1 Motherboard
AC97 Audio Codec onboard Soundcard
Real tek 8100/B LAN onboard network card
GeForce 4 MX440se video card

those should be all that you need, I'm really just wondering how much performace I could get out of this system and suggestions are gladly accepted =).

I would also like to put in a nice 802.11g wireless card, it's a linksys and I already have the 802.11g wireless network...  I don't know if that would be supported though...  well, thanks in advance.