[mythtv-users] hard drive size config

Brian Johnson bjohnson at johnson-engineering.ca
Fri Aug 8 22:20:45 EDT 2003

I agree with Ray on most of this with two exceptions:

1. I've got a couple of machine running pretty much everything you could imagine and
the combined size of all directories other than /home never gets above 10G
2. You might want to divide up the big /home partition into smaller chunks  (say 20
to 40G each) to ease failure recovery and possibly speed up access times slightly.
I've been playing with lvm to recombine the partitions into one big virtual one and
haven't used it enough to be certain, but it looks like a good system (and comes
with redhat 8 and above)

And an extra personal opinion - use ext3 filesystem to cut down on ext2 style checks
but still be readable by most rescue disk systems

--
Brian Johnson
* This is where my witty signature line would be if I bothered to edit this line :) *