[mythtv-users] attn: list admin

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Fri Aug 8 17:06:04 EDT 2003

On Friday 08 August 2003 02:22 am, mojo wrote:
> i think the spammers have gotten there way into this list...
>
> i got a couple spams i never got to this account before.. and also saw
> this bounce in my mail servers logs...

Someone subscribed the mythtv-users list in unencrypted mode to the gmane.org
archives a while back.  Just noticed it a week ago. =(  Any additional spam
you're getting is probably from someone grabbing addresses from their
mail->news gateway.  I've disabled the account, but haven't emailed asking
for the lists to be completely removed from their archives, yet.

Isaac