[mythtv-users] Adding 2nd Tuner (PVR-250)

Andy check_1_2 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 8 00:33:17 EDT 2003

First of all, I am a total Noob with regards to Linux. I only just installed
Mandrake for the first time a couple of weeks ago, so please be kind!

I have MythTV up and running with an ATI-TV wonder. Everything seems to be
working properly.

I just purchased the WinTV PVR-250 card, and following the instructions on
the MythTV website, I installed it. It is properly seen by the OS, I
believe, and works with xawtv. It is installed as /dev/video0, and I have
configured it in Myth.

I don't know if there is a command in Myth to select which tuner you want to
view, but it defaults to viewing with the ATI. The only way I can check to
see if the PVR-250 is working is to use the "V" command for PIP. At that
point, I do not get any PIP, and MythBackEnd complains thusly:

Can't open video device /dev/video0

Open video::Device or resource busy

At that point MythFrontEnd stops responding to keystrokes, but keeps playing
live tv via the ATI card on whatever channel I was on. I have to Ctrl-C to
exit MythFrontEnd.

HELP!!!

-Mr.X