[mythtv-users] Keyboard Tip

Brent Michalski brent at perlguy.net
Thu Aug 7 22:17:32 EDT 2003

I just got a Silitek SK-7100 keyboard from TechForLess.com.  It cost me
$25.20 and $6.80 for shipping - so an even $32.

I tried it out using the serial-PS/2 connector and the mouse was very
jumpy and basically freaked out...

So, I decided to just give it a try on the serial port.  I am running
RedHat 9 and when I rebooted, RH9 found and identified the mouse and it
works perfectly!

My next step is to try an use the "hotkeys" program
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/hotkeys) to enable all of the extra
keys and such.

This keyboard is an IR keyboard with a range of about 30ft.  I have not
tried it any further than that, but for my first couple hours of use, I
am VERY happy with it...

Hope this helps anyone looking for a good, reasonably priced wireless
keyboard!

Brent