[mythtv-users] Remote?

Chris Kahney beagleguy at HotPOP.com
Thu Aug 7 15:48:16 EDT 2003

My Vx controlled the TV from across the room (~25 ft), which is why I
asked.  The m100 came out long after the IIIe, so maybe it has an improved IR.

http://www.pacificneotek.com/range.htm
Palm III 10 ft
Palm V 24 ft
Palm m105 32 ft

of course we all know the m105 is just a m100 with more memory.  Those
tests were with a specific receiver, but I'd assume the ratios would be
similar regardless of receiver, so in your case what takes 3 ft for a IIIe
to operate would work with a m100 from nearly 10 ft.

Seems the m100 averages for $30-$40 on ebay.  Surprised schools don't buy
them for students, and I don't see many hacks for it, considering it's
cheap, easy to program and uses the serial port, figured there'd be tons of
mp3 playing programs (hook to PC port, use m100 touchscreen as interface)
or other uses.