[mythtv-users] visiontek ecstacy errors

Aran Cox spin at avalon.net
Thu Aug 7 15:40:36 EDT 2003

I have two tuners and used to see this error semi-frequently.  Usually I
got it when two recorded shows were to start at the same time... (or so
I thought.) I always assumed it was a bttv bug.  Essentially I would get
these errors poring out until my /var/log partition was full.
mythbackend would take lots of CPU time and although it kept recording
the lack of available CPU for actual encoding usually resulted in a
messed up file.

Then I noticed that it always seemed to happen when the logrotate script
had run.  I deleted the RPM provided logrotate script and I don't think
I've seen it since.  (Coincidence?  I don't know...)

After all that rambling, are you saying you see these errors as soon as
you fire up mythfrontend and try and watch TV?  or as soon as
mythbackend starts?  How many tuners do you have?  Does this happen
right away or after a while?  Can you repeat it at will?