[mythtv-users] Re: Changing System Time

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Thu Aug 7 15:57:18 EDT 2003

Well I don't actually do exactly like you think. I have my wmaker
autologin (so Myth runs automatically on a powerup) and it autoruns the
frontend, so a quick fix for restarting mythfrontend is to go "init
3;sleep 10;init 5". I don't know whether the sleep 10 is necessary. It
doesn't happen often, so I haven't gotten around to doing much about it.
I do plan on running a daemon of some sort monitoring a small push
button or two on the parallel port, so I can do a system or X restart in
the case of a crash without having to fire up another PC and telnet in.

The "export DISPLAY=..." method is probably the best way to do it - but
my way works and if it ain't broke....

Christian