[mythtv-users] Partition and Filesystem choices for MythTV

Couvrette, Jeffrey C. JEFFREY.C.COUVRETTE at saic.com
Wed Aug 6 18:50:14 EDT 2003

I was wondering what the best way to set up the partitions and filesystem
for best performance with MythTV.  Would it be good to use a second
harddrive to save video to, as it is recommended to do with video editting?
Is it good to at least use a separate partition to save video to?  What is
the best filesystem to use on the partition where video will be saved?  And,
what are some of your recommendations on how to set up a basic Linux
filesystem, such as a separate /boot, /usr, /temp, /home and / or not and
what sizes do you typically use?  If you want to answer specific to my
system, I have a 2 GHz Celeron, 200 GB Harddrive, and 512MB memory, but I am
curious what people use in general.

Thanks for your help and a big thanks to everyone who has contributed to
this great project.

Jeff Couvrette