[mythtv-users] MythTV -- And a Suggestion

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Thu Aug 7 02:13:51 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Wednesday 06 August 2003 05:49 pm, Tako Schotanus wrote:
>

>>Hmmm, I must say this makes sense for a multi-tuner system, but why the
>>rediction to the Watch Recording screen when you have only one tuner?
>>

>The frontend has absolutely no ideas about how many tuners there are, which
>are online, etc.

[typo] "rediction" = "redirection" of course ;-)

If the frontend can show a message that all tuners are busy and it can
show that a program is currently being recorded in the Watch Recordings
screen why couldn't it just decide to skip all the intermediate steps
and immediately start showing the in-progress recording? If you really
really only want to do this when there is only one tuner available to
the backend wouldn't it be possible to make a way in which the frontend
can ask the backend for the number of tuners it has available?

>>And even for a multi-tuner system it seems quite logiacl that selecting
>>Watch TV would just show me the image of the last tuner I watched
>>before. If I want to see the image of one of the other tuners I can
>>still go to the Watch Recordings page.
>>
>>Not suggesting we should go out and immediately change everything, just
>>curious if you would be happy with the scenario I just described.
>>

>I'm quite happy with the current way it works, and I think I'd only accept a
>patch that did what I described earlier.

>>PS: Isn't it possible to Stop an in-progress recording? If I go to the
>>Delete Recordings I can only delete it or leave it recording (in fact
>>even after deleting it continues recording? Is/was that a known bug?)
>>

>You can't stop it, and the other bug's been fixed in CVS a long time ago.

Ok, the  message in Watch TV suggests that by saying that you can
"cancel" a recording in the Delete Recording screen.
My version from CVS is at most a week old, if that's a "long time ago"
okay, if not the bug is still there (actually I hit D from the Watch
Recordings screen).