[mythtv-users] Changing System Time

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 6 11:45:37 EDT 2003

There are two issues here... one is the underlying protocol, the other is
the Myth software.  Sometimes, if you adjust the system time, a
connection-based protocol like TCP/IP could think the connection has timed
out.  The other issue is Myth itself, if it keeps track of network
communications with any kind of heartbeat or timer, it can get confused.
And, as Isaac said, playback (and probably recording, too) is highly
time-sensitive.

-JAC