[mythtv-users] Do someone had some success setting up European orFrench channels ?

Wed Aug 6 11:30:46 EDT 2003

Sounds very likely that you haven't run mythfilldatabase --manual correctly to setup your database in the first instance.

When it asks you the question about "Channel Num (as per xawtv)" do NOT answer "1", etc, instead answer with the "tuning" data eg "46".  You can manually go into your database and tweak your channel info if you are confident.  Use something to browse your mysql database (myphpadmin for example) and look in the channels table.

With any luck in the next release there will be a new project finished which will allow you to auto tune your tv from within myth (see Myth Channels project)

Ed W

-----Original Message-----
From: Yannick [mailto:ml.mythtv at free.fr]
Sent: 06 August 2003 10:14
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv-users] Do someone had some success setting up European
orFrench channels ?

 Hello everyone...

 I'm trying to set up my mythtv box for receiving and recording correctly
French channels.

 TV reception is OK (Xawtv works already fine).  But I'm not able to change
channel when I press 1,2,3 on the keypad...

 I use nxtvepg to receive EPG data... When I want to watch TV, I always watch
the channel that was used by nxtvepg to get its data... Can't change it using
mythtv ;(((

 Can someone give some hints ?

 Am I the only french user of this beast ?

 Thank you...

Debian Project (http://www.debian.org)