[mythtv-users] Changing System Time

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Wed Aug 6 13:55:37 EDT 2003

Since my system's time seems to drift a bit (it's a new Asus MB :( ), I
have had to update it manually lately since I haven't got around to
setting up NTP.

When I change my system time using the date command (my machine runs
fast so it's back in time), while viewing anything (live TV or a
recording), mythfrontend locks up. The display just stops. Telnet into
the box and kill and restart mythfrontend no problem. As far as I am
aware any current recording in the backend process continues along
happily.

Any ideas why this might occur? Something peculiar to my system or is
mythfrontend going to get to stroppy at me for changing the time? I'm
changing it about no more than 2 minutes.

Thanks

CH