[mythtv-users] mp3 listening

Brett_M_Spooner at raytheon.com Brett_M_Spooner at raytheon.com
Tue Aug 5 19:54:00 EDT 2003

I am interested in MythTVs multitasking with both frontend & backend
running.
I want to use it in its truest sense w/ frontend only 24/7 - remote
controlled.
I heard people talk about turning off the frontend & using other apps
but....
(I know all this depends on hardware performance - but say you had
headroom of 25%-50%)

How does MythTV react if you are listening to MP3s & then it has to record
a program?
(that may be a loaded question because if I've been reading correctly you
would need a PVR w/ line in or 2 audio cards)

Does it shut down the MP3 jukebox or keep playing?
What about if your watching a DVD?

Everyone just talks about CPU usage while endcoding/decoding   ..  I want
to know what its like multitasking.
Can you enlighten me as I am still investigating options.
Thanx.