[mythtv-users] my experience with Asus Pundit / PVR 250

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Aug 5 11:12:18 EDT 2003

> I would be interested to hear how well supported some of these drives are under linux though.  I haven't researched this other than having a look at the dvd-r tools list and after browsing a couple of messages my impression is that the Sony and most other newish drives are not supported.

In my experience, most things *do* work under linux.  (I know that the
older +- sony drives work just fine, since my company puts them into
linux boxes all the time).

As for software, you're pretty much limited to dvdrecord (a slightly
modified version of cdrecord).  But since it's a commandline program,
I'm willing to bet that there are or will be various front ends ala
gcombust, etc. for it.

-Chris