[mythtv-users] DVD drives (was: my experience with Asus Pundit / PVR 250)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Aug 5 11:07:30 EDT 2003

> I also am looking into getting a DVD burner.  The site I am using to compare
> drives is http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdwriters.  Currently I am leaning
> towards Sony DRU510A.  I have seen it for about $250 retail.  Anyone have
> this drive?  any thoughts?

Pioneer 105 (dvd-r/w) or 106 (dvd+-r/w) has supposedly ranked the
highest, though the sony ones aren't that far behind.   You can find
pretty good deals for them on techbargains.com, hotdealsclub.com or
dealnews.com (my 3 favorite deal sites).  I think livewarehouse.com is
the current "good" place, though there are also some slick deals on
external usb/firewire versions of the drives at meritline.com

-Chris