[mythtv-users] (no subject)

gmui at acedsl.com gmui at acedsl.com
Mon Aug 4 14:53:12 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've been fiddling with my myth box for a while now and have been struggling
get a 2-tuner system to work.  I had a pvr-250 and an ATI win-tv card, but
avoid dealing with the bttv driver (and for wanting to have equivalent
quality
on all recordings) I picked up another 250 during the circuit city deal.

I think I have the cards installed ok.  I'm able to do the 'cat
/dev/video0[1]
>  vid0[1].mpg' simultaneously and successfully.

But even after defining two cards in mythtv, when I try to schedule a 2nd
show
to record while one is already recording, my output said something
like 'running in state 4....' and it doesn't record the second show.

Is there anything other than defining two cards in the mythtvsetup that's
required to get a 2-tuner system recognized by mythtv?

Also, a separate issue I'm having is w/ MythWeather.  I keep getting a no-
defined location specified or fatal error message in the mythfrontend stdout
when trying to access it.  I defined New York, NY.

As for my setup, I'm running RH9 and have pretty much been trying to follow
Jarod Wilson's guide at: http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-page.php?
pageName=rh9pvr250.

(BTW, thanks for the guide - it's saved me countless hours I'm sure!)

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Gary