[mythtv-users] Can watch TV through mplayer but not mythtv

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 4 11:58:00 EDT 2003

Myth doesn't use mplayer (except in MythVideo, where it's called as an
external player for non-Myth video files).  For a more accurate test, call
mplayer with "vo=xv".  You'll probably get the same messed-up picture that
Mythtv gets.  Myth uses the Xv output extensions to display video, not DGA.
Also, try running "xvinfo" from a terminal and see what it tells you.

-JAC