[mythtv-users] depmod and modprobe errors with pvr-250

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Sun Aug 3 23:15:45 EDT 2003

Looks like you're not loading the i2c stuff.  Do an lsmod as root; you
should see something like this:

ivtv                   47072   2
msp3400                17792   2
saa7115                 7168   0  (unused)
tuner                  11744   2
i2c-algo-bit          9064   2  [ivtv]
i2c-core   21192  0  [lirc_i2c ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner i2c-algo-bit]
videodev                7872   6  [ivtv]

I didn't have any issues when I did the compiles and wrote the
instructions, but when in doubt, follow the advice of the ivtv folks
since they may have changed stuff.  And if you're running Mandrake 9.1
you've already got the v4l2 that's required to make it all happen.

Once modprobing creates the correct /dev/video devices you can proceed
with the MythTV setup, but there's no point in continuing until you can
get the driver working.

<punt back to ivtv list>