[mythtv-users] Upgrading from RPMS to CVS and back

Joel Melohn jlmelohn at jcsm.com
Sun Aug 3 21:53:16 EDT 2003

I was unable to access update_spec.pl.

Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org]On Behalf Of Chris Petersen
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 7:52 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: RE: [mythtv-users] Upgrading from RPMS to CVS and back

> Please send me a copy of the spec files.

ok, I've moved everything myth-related of mine to:

http://forevermore.net/myth/

this currently includes my nuvexport script and my modified/updated myth
spec files (along with assocated sources).

To use the specs, untar them to your "redhat" (rpm build) directory -
the archive contains both SOURCES and SPECS directories, but you'll have
to supply your own binaries.  For that, I've also included my cvs tool
scripts that update my current CVS tree and spec files with the current
date and version info.  For lack of a better cvs versioning scheme (ala
Pan), I've just set the version to .11 since rpm sees "cvs######" as
being less than "1" so it all works out fine when the final version
comes out.  YOU WILL NEED TO EDIT THE SCRIPTS to set your own directory
paths.

Anyway, that should do it for anyone who wants to run rpm's of cvs
stuff.  I'll try to keep my copies updated as Axel updates his spec
files (since his are the semi-official ones, and he's better at this
kind of thing than I am).

-Chris