[mythtv-users] nuvexport (aka nuv -> svcd)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Aug 3 19:38:10 EDT 2003

> Okay, first semi-successful svcd created. *8v)

:)

> 1.) The audio is a little out of sync on cursory review.  I played the
> svcd on a Sony single disc DVD player.  It was also Southpark, so audio
> sync is a relative phenomenon.  Probably not the best choice of samples,
> oh well.

yeah, I've been going with "Whose Line" for my testing - lots of
closeups of people talking.

What audio and video bitrates did you use?

> 2.) mplex crashed in the following manner, any clues Chris?  I only got
> about 200+ megs.  But it did play on the dvd.

weird.  no clue.  Sounds like it tried to go too fast for your machine,
though I don't see how/why that would happen because mplayer is pretty
good with that fifo and doesn't write to it until data is needed.

Download the latest version fo the script from
http://forevermore.net/myth (where all of my myth-related things are now
going).  I've added in some bitrate checking, the ability to disable
noise reduction for faster testing, etc.  The script should now prevent
you from going over the maximum allowed svcd bitrate of about 1756 kbps
for combined video and audio (1736 in the script, just to be safe).
This bitrate works fine in my pioneer player (cbr svcd from other
sources), but maybe other players are less tolerant (though mine is
pretty picky).

-Chris