[mythtv-users] nuvexport (aka nuv -> svcd)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Aug 3 14:02:55 EDT 2003

> Running it on an episode of Southpark right now.  Not really getting a
> good idea of the time it takes as I'm also emerging (Gentoo) OpenOffice
> from source... If SP comes out okay, may try Stargate.

it's slow...   3-4+ hours for a half-hour show on my dual athlon 1900+.
But then again, I'm running it through yuvdenoise - it makes a
SIGNIFICANT difference in the output.

> Have you considered a Tk front end?  I've done a couple if you'd like me
> to take a crack at it (Perl/Tk, of course).  It would be time
> permitting...

My goal was to create a gui-free backend that would then interface with
whatever gui the user wanted - cli, text, curses, tk, etc...
essentially a myth_export library that could be plugged into my
frontend, mythmkmovie, etc.  Unfortunately, things have been changing so
quickly in mythmkmovie that I never got a chance to do much with that.
(I'd rather concentrate on mythweb, rather than continuously trying to
keep my script up to date with mythmkmovie).

Anyway, a tk frontend would be great, but first I need to get the
interface code separated from the "thinking" code.

-Chris