[mythtv-users] all working except music

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Sun Aug 3 11:55:50 EDT 2003

At 10:40 AM 8/3/2003 -0700, Kevin Brouelette wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I didn't see any response to my post on this  on 7-27-2003
>so I'm trying again. Basically,   When I run mythfrontend and select
>'music', mythtv crashes and I see an error as follows:
>
>mythfrontend: relocation error: /usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so:
>undefined symbol: cddb_write_serverlist
>
>Everything else seems to funtion just fine.

I'm replying only because you posted twice, since I cannot give you a
specific answer (but, seemingly, no one else can either).  So this help is,
admittedly, limited.

The **usual** reason for getting a message of this sort is a version
mismatch, in this case between mythfrontend and libmythmusic. Verify that
you are using the latest versions of both (mythmusic released a new version
around July 01, according to the Myth Website).

A compiler-version mismatch is a less likely possibility. SInce you don't
say if you are using precompiled binaries or rolling your own, I can't say
how likely this is.