[mythtv-users] nuvexport (aka nuv -> svcd)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat Aug 2 21:29:58 EDT 2003

ok, getting to be enough demand that I don't want to just email it
out..  I've put it on my website:

http://forevermore.net/nuvexport.tar.bz2

It's just a tiny perl script - about 19k uncompressed.

Anyway, for those to whom I've already sent this, you'll probably want
to grab this copy, since i've added manual overrides to audio and video
bitrates, and the vbr quality/quantisation setting.

Default quality is 10, which may or may not fit about 1 hour of video on
one 800 meg CD.  Make the number bigger (or the maximum bitrate smaller)
to make the filesize smaller.  Let me know what you all end up with for
the best quality setting for fitting data onto a cd (I'd aim for 45
minutes per 800 meg CD, about quality 6 or 7, once the cutlist stuff
works).  Unfortunately, with no multipass vbr, we can't get as exact as
I do in windows with the ability to set an average bitrate, but such is
the price for free software.

-Chris