[mythtv-users] [OT] coax splitting?

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Sat Aug 2 00:46:26 EDT 2003

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Gary Balliet wrote:

> Your cable company should be responsive to your needs dependant on the
> number of outlets you are paying for -ie we want to keep you happy but
> if you're ripping us off..... - best bet is to buy an amp and hope it
> doesn't screw up you or your neighbours cable modems. Where i work
> homeowner amps are grounds for immediate disconnection as they can bring
> down a whole node. Remember you now send crap back to us.

Someone in the business should know that Radio Shack sells amps specially
designed to preserve the bidirectional nature of digital cable.  Yea they
will rip you a new one at $49.95 for a fourway amplified splitter, but if
you gotta have one.  I was lucky and got away with a passive splitter.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F003%5F010%5F001%5F000&product%5Fid=15%2D1197

And if that URL gets mangled, lookup part #15-1197. And be sure to carry
the number with you because as everyone knows about the typical Radio
Shack, "You have questions, we have blank stares."

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!